Kaner Contracting Inc. uses top of the line construction software to give our customers daily up to date information on their project. It allows the customer to view schedules, documents, pictures, messaging and even make changes as they see ﬁt. It is important to us that you are informed on the latest developments and products on the market and it is our responsibility to make sure you are with us through every step of the way.
The process is simple
- We will send you a link to create your account
- Create a username and password
- Login and start viewing
Clients can download the App Buildertrend on their phone or login online with your desktop.
NEW HOME WARRANTY
When building a new home you need to be protected. Kaner Contracting Inc thrives to build your new home with care, professional craftsmanship and the most quality materials on the market. However new homes are extremely complex and minor items will occur that need to be corrected. It is our job to provide our clients with up to date information including procedures and documents provided by Tarion.
Before Possession of a new home
When choosing to build a new home with Kaner contracting Inc the home owner will be provided with a homeowner information package. The package will include home warranty information package from Tarion Warranty corporation, which will explain homeowner rights and responsibilities under the New home Warranties Plan Act.
All new home owners beneﬁt from a One Year Warranty Protection and a Two Year Warranty Protection against defects in workmanship and material and Seven Year Warranty Protection against major structural defects. The following warranty coverages begin on the date of possession of your new home. This coverage will remain in eﬀect until the end of the warranty period. The warranty will stay in eﬀ ect even if the home is sold before the warranty expires.
Pre-delivery inspection (PDI)
Before you take possession of your new home, we will conduct a pre-delivery inspection (PDI).
The PDI will be the ﬁrst opportunity to view your new home. A manager will guide through a thorough inspection and will demonstrate how the home operating systems work such as ventilation, plumbing and heating.
The PDI form is used to list damaged, incomplete or missing items prior to occupancy. All items are to be listed in detail on the Builders PDI form. When the inspection is complete, you will be asked to sign the form. This form will then be sent to Tarion You can also print a copy of the Tarion PDI Checklist or the brochure Getting Ready for the Pre-delivery inspection to help you through the process.
NOTE: You must send a copy of your 30 day and year end list to Tarion to maintain your Tarion warranty
New Home Warranties:
One Year Warranty:
- Requires the home is constructed in a workmanlike manner and free from defects in materials
- Protects against unauthorized substitutions
- Requires the home to be fit for habitation
- Protects against Ontario Building Code violations; and
- Applies for one year, beginning on the homes date of possession even if the home is sold
Two Year Warranty:
- Protects against water penetration through basement or foundation walls
- Protects against defects in materials that effect windows, doors and or caulking that results in water penetration into the building envelope
- Covers defects in work or materials in the electrical, heating and plumbing distribution systems
- Covers defects in work or materials that result in the detachment, displacement or deterioration of cladding (such as brickwork, aluminum and siding)
- Protects against violations of the Ontario Building Code that affect the health and safety of the occupants: and
- Applies for two years, beginning on the homes date of possession.
Seven Year Warranty:
- Results in failure of a structural load-bearing element of the building
- Materially and adversely affects the ability of a structural load-bearing element of the building to carry, bear and resist applicable structural loads for the usual and ordinary service life of the element
- Materially and adversely affects the use of a significant portion of the building for usual and ordinary purposes of a residential dwelling and having regard to any specific use provisions set out in the purchase agreement of the home
- Begins on the date of possession and ends on the day before the seventh anniversary of that date
Please consult Tarions Construction Performance Guidelines if you are in doubt about whether an item is covered.